2023 Festival Info
Thursday, June 1
4:30-7 Gallery Hop
5:30-7 Swing Dance
7-9 Downtown Downbeat, presented by Farmer's National Bank
Friday, June 2
4:30 pm- Concert at Shaker Village (Mercer County)
5:30-10 pm- Whitaker Bank’s Bayou and Brass- Weisiger Park (321 W Main St/Courthouse)
Saturday, June 3
8 am- Run for the Brass 5k- Millennium Park
8:30 am- Yoga in the Park- Constitution Square Park
10 am- Music on Main at Weisiger Park ft. The Chicago Brass Band
11 am- Main Street Parade- Begins at Constitution Square park and travels down Main Street and ends at College Street.
(please contact [email protected] for parade entry info)
12 pm- Main Stage Music Begins, Food Village and Festival Market Open- Centre College
1:00- Vintage Baseball Game at Centre College Baseball Field
12-3 pm- Kids Creation Station- Centre College
5:30- 11 pm Great American Picnic- Centre College Lawn
Sunday, June 4
8 am- Bike Ride with the Wheelmen- Danville Bike and Footwear
9:15 am- Community Ecumenical Service- Festival Main Stage- Centre College
10:45-4 pm- Main Stage Music, Food Village and Festival Market Open- Centre College
*Please note that the Balloon Race and Quilt Show are not taking place in 2023, and we are hopeful for their return in 2024.*
The Great American Picnic Information
HOURS FOR GREAT AMERICAN BRASS BAND PICNIC (in front of the Main Stage, Centre College campus)
SATURDAY, JUNE 3, 5:30-11 p.m. With World Class Brass Music
• 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. – Set Up Time
• 5:45 – 6:45 p.m. – Table Judging (for those who choose to decorate their table)
• 8:15 p.m.- Winners Announced for Table Decorating
No outside alcohol will be permitted on festival grounds. If you bring outside alcohol on the premises, we will be required to ask you to take it off the premises. We follow the city enforced alcohol policy. Per KRS 243.260, the Festival is only permitted to sell alcohol by the glass. There will be a selection of draft beer and other libations available for purchase.
With your $150 rental you get a table from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., with eight (8) chairs. Picnic tables are 30"x 96" No extra chairs can be permitted. Your table is for Saturday evening picnic only, not other festival events, and is non-refundable, rain or shine. The theme for the picnic will be “Free Your Mind and the Brass will Follow.” This theme can be used for table decorating, but is not required.
● The Sousa "Best in Show" Award– Named after John Philip Sousa, this award goes to the table that is most patriotic and reflects the American spirit.
● Free Your Mind Award- this table best reflects the theme of the Picnic.
● Spirit of GABBF Award – This table best reflects the spirit of the Great American Brass Band Festival
● The Improv Award– Jazz is often improvisational, and this award will go to the table that best exhibits an innovative or creative concept.
● “Best in Business” Award will be presented to the business table that best demonstrates their love for the GABBF and Danville.
Handicap Accessibility- Please note that we offer a handicap parking lot at the rear of Centre College's campus, corner of Maple Ave/Walnut Street. We also provide free golf cart shuttles to drive patrons in need closer to the Main Stage area.
Handicap accessible bathrooms are also available at Bayou and Brass on Friday, and the Festival on Saturday and Sunday.
The Great American Brass Band Festival is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization supported by the generosity of our donors and sponsors. Every donation helps us keep the Festival going.
Copyright © 2023 Great American Brass Band Festival | Site Designed and Managed By The Idea Farm, Inc. |
This site is hosted on the Ideal™ software platform